Evangelists' Articles of Accountability
We, the staff and representatives of David Stockwell Evangelistic Association, do hereby, before the Lord and each other, affirm the following statements concerning our accountability as Vocational Evangelists and ministers of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. We confess Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as Lord and Savior and declare our obedience to the Great Commission, our willingness to advance its purpose, and our availability to fulfill its meaning.
2. We align ourselves with the doctrinal position of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message and reaffirm our belief that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God.
3. We assert the call of the Vocational Evangelist is an authentic New Testament call; thereby, we approach our vocation with the same degree of preparation and integrity as is demanded of other Christian vocational skills.
4. We are accountable to the local church where we are members by participating in its programs and supporting it with our time and tithes. We will strive to conduct our ministries so as to build up the local body of believers by proclaiming the great doctrines of the scriptures.
5. We acknowledge that conviction of sin is a work of the Holy Spirit and we will extend invitations and altar calls to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with integrity and without coercion or manipulation.
6. Our priorities are first, to a disciplined devotional life, ensuring our personal spiritual development; second, to our families, demonstrating our commitment as companions and parents; third, to those with whom we minister giving evidence of the creditability of our message.
7. As servants of God, we confirm our duty to live morally clean, pure, holy lives. What we proclaim in public, we are obligated to practice in private.
8. We declare to be faithful and responsible under God in the reporting of all our finances and statistics.
9. We need and desire to be filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit in order that we may be thoroughly prepared and thoroughly empowered for ministry.
10. We seek to promote evangelism with integrity through every segment of our ministries and, in so doing; we expect the same standards from those with whom we serve.
11. We ascribe to The Lausanne Covenant, the biblical declaration which emerged through the efforts of Billy Graham and John Stott at the 1974 World Congress on Lausanne International Congress on World Evangelization.